The Snowdon Horseshoe (Pastel/Watercolour)

Snowdon Horseshoe (Pastel/Watercolour on board)






































Another painting produced from sketches gathered during the winter. The forecast the previous day was good so the alarm was set and I left our house at 6.00am. Using a bit of local knowledge gleaned over the years I knew where the shadows would be on the mountains by the time I had walked for an hour or so. Sitting on a wall gave me the extra height I needed.

This painting will be part of an exhibition of about 40 new pieces of work that will be on display during three weekends (including Fridays) in September as part of the Helfa Gelf Open Studios event which is free to all visitors who are welcome to come along to view the work and talk to the artists.

Starts Friday 6th September, now only 25 days to go!
September 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 & 22
11am - 5pm

Comments

Popular Posts