Hiraethog

Ty'n y Llyn (Pastel/Ink) 42cm x52cm
Ty'n y Llyn, No.2 (Pastel/Watercolour) 62cm x 50cm





















Moors stretching along in almost interminable tracts with scarcely a tree to offer obstruction to the winds of heaven ...
Thomas Roscoe






Mynydd Hiraethog is wet underfoot, they get a lot of rain here, so why did I choose to wear fabric boots? I got it wrong. My day sketching produced two drawings (later developed into paintings) and two very wet feet. The concentration wanders when I'm wet. But Ty'n y Llyn is a lovely old farmhouse in a glorious setting but sadly falling apart. We had had a lot of very hot weather and on the map the path looked benign and I could visualise clear, bone dry, well defined tracks that would be easy to navigate. I know nothing!.

These paintings will be part of an exhibition of about 40 new pieces of work that will be on display in my home/gallery during three weekends (including Fridays) in September as part of the Helfa Gelf Open Studios event. Visitors are welcome to come along to view the work and talk to the artists. This event is FREE.

Starts Friday 6th September
September 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21 & 22
11am - 5pm (or any other time by appointment)



Comments

Popular Posts