Offa's Dyke Path

It has been a very productive winter. A lot of snow this year has inspired me to wander off the beaten track and also visit familiar spots to sketch and make colour notes. I would have preferred snow with a bit of sun but you can't have it all. The last month or so has seen me sifting through my sketchbooks and putting together a number of new works in a slightly different style, using watercolour has my main medium on top of fairly well defined ink drawings for crispness and detailing. My usual pastels have been gathering dust.


Gate on Offa's Dyke Path  Watercolour and Ink

Offa's Dyke Path Pastel and Watercolour


























The Gate on Offa's Dyke Path is on the Offa's Dyke Path between Llanferres and Clwyd Gate where the path makes a sharp turn for Moel Fenlli. I have made about four paintings of this general area with the view from the other side of the stile featuring in my pastel and watercolour original Offa's Dyke Path, now available as a limited edition print.




Comments

Popular Posts