Moel Famau, the monument series

Moel Famau (monument series 1)
Moel Famau (monument series 2)
Moel Famau




With snow in short supply this past winter I have had to make the most of every dusting before it disappeared. Drawing the monument and note-taking in a sketchbook was the easiest and quickest way of getting all the information I needed. A roll of masking tape came in handy to anchor the pages and stop them flapping in the gale force wind!

Back in the comfort of a slightly less draughty studio the drawings were enlarged with watercolour and pastel applied for the sky effects and shadows.

Comments

  1. these are beautiful - I love Moel Famau and am up there as much as I can with my black lab for company - usually early morning or evening to avoid the crowds - then I have the place to myself, I live in Buckley - we're very lucky to have the Clwydians on our doorstep aren't we - take care, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we live in a lovely part of the world, with such a variety of landscapes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts